Receptionist role and responsibilities
In addition to greeting and receiving callers or visitors, a receptionist also:
- Asks for a caller's or visitor's name
- Notifies colleague that a visitor has arrived
- Guides caller to destination
- Records name, time of call, nature of business and person called upon
- Arranges appointments
- Occasionally handles day-to-day office and supply management
- Generally reports to a supervisor or manager
Frequent receptionist job interview questions
Want a receptionist job?
We have plenty. Send us your resume now.
Partner with us for your receptionist job search.
We'll help you find your receptionist job, land it and grow in your career. And it’s all completely free. Just send us your resume to get started.
The right job
If you’re looking for a temp or permanent receptionist job, we’ll find the one that fits you.
We’ll spend the time to make sure you’re prepared at every step of your search and look out for your future.
It's all about you
Our number one concern is your happiness and growth. We work for you, not the other way around.