Buyer / Purchaser job in Tempe, AZ
Looking to put your professional buying experience to use? In this position you will be responsible for placing and expediting purchase orders from US and international suppliers, as well as coordinating the import of shipments and working closely with a broker to clear customs quickly. Previous import experience is a must for this job. Additionally you'll be responsible for sourcing new vendors and negotiating pricing and terms that benefit the company.
The Buyer / Purchaser responsibilities include:
- Placing and tracking purchase orders with domestic and international suppliers.
- Negotiating pricing and terms with vendors.
- Work directly with brokers to ensure timely clearance of customs for orders.
- Preparing documents, purchase orders, bid packages, and other reports.
- Managing inventory levels, including monitoring inventory turns and proactively adjust.
- Minimum 1 - 3+ years of experience with purchasing and buying.
- Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree is Supply Chain or related field.
- Previous import experience is required.
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Qualified candidates will possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) as well as an outgoing personality and demeanor.
-Must be reliable and detail oriented, as well as be able to work in a team environment as well as work independently with little supervision.
Interested? Apply now with your current resume or email it directly to Chris.Collins@ajilon.com for consideration. Not quite what you are looking for? Let’s discuss other opportunities I have available.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: