Position: Document Scanner
Length of assignment: 4-6 months
- Hours: 8:30 to 5:30 or 12 noon to 8 pm. Weekends & holidays may be requested based on volume of work. You must be agreeable to the flexible hours and weekends to be considered for this opening.
Overview of position:
- Ensures like documents are grouped together (ie. Physician orders and Progress notes) and are in reverse chronological order.
- Maintains productivity levels in accordance with current standards.
- Maintains quality levels in accordance with current standards.
- Confirms all batch cover sheets have patient identification and initials/dates appropriately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Verifies presence and placement of barcoded Face sheet as first page of chart on every batch.
- Ensures all pages have the appropriate patient identification and form identification barcode.
- Reviews the paper chart against the electronic document to verify image quality and missing documents.
- Verifies and validates of image/document errors and makes necessary changes as necessary.
- Must have at least 2-4 years of related experience
- Experience with HIMS is highly preferred
- Must be flexible to work on the weekends
- Experience with healthcare records and documents and understand the importance of how the records are handled?
- A background in medical records is a plus in regards to HIPAA confidentiality
Please apply with your CV to: