The Learning and Development Manager has the responsibility to oversee all training and development programs, design, present and deliver training for supervisor, customer service, source internal and external subject matter experts to deliver specialized skills training, evaluate training programs for effectiveness and ensure training expenditures are within budget.
Work within a team environment to plan, develop and implement training and staff development programs within the Human Resources department, which includes the following responsibilities
- Plan, develop and coordinate training programs/curriculums.
- Conduct needs analysis biennially to determine training needs and learning objectives for current employees to maintain, improve and develop new job skills and to support their professional development.
- Develop and implement testing and assessment procedures to evaluate training program effectiveness.
- Select or develop teaching aids such as facilitator manuals, and guides, handouts, visual aids, reference cards, multimedia presentations, and other training materials.
- Maintain a learning management system as a platform deliver and track training. Develop a roll out plan and support the division own use of the system.
- Support the Agency efforts to implement a Succession Plan for all managers and above.
- Directly plan, organize, lead, coordinate, review, and appraise the work of assigned staff, with duties including: conducting performance appraisals and regular feedback, staff scheduling to ensure adequate coverage, and staff development conducted.
- Source, evaluate and coordinate internal and external subject matter experts to present s specialized skills training such as Business Writing courses, Microsoft Office Suite, and a host of other training curriculum identified in the needs analysis
- BA/BS in Training or Education, Organizational Development, Instructional Design or related field with a minimum of 5-7 years of training experience in a mid-sized organization and a minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience required. Experience in teaching supervisory, soft skills and specialized skills training a plus. A combination of education and equivalent experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to present for and facilitate small and large groups and to provide classroom instruction for adult learners.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace; ability to be flexible and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers & supervisors; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues & maintain a positive work ethic; complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
- Displays willingness to make effective decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Display the ability to prioritize and plan work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with Agency policy and legal requirements.
- Be honest, reliable and dependable.
- Respect and maintain the rights and privacy of all staff.
- Attend appropriate trainings, meetings, and seek out developmental opportunities.
Please apply with your CV to: