I am currently searching for an experienced Medical Insurance Collections professional in the South Denver Metro area. This collections position focuses on Medicaid, Medicare and commercial insurance collections. In this role, you will be responsible for investigating why claims have not been paid. The ideal candidate for this Collections job will have at least three years’ experience in the Medical Collections environment, two years with Medicare. You will be responsible for rebilling denied claims, processing denials, and following up with payers to collect on past due accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have a strong understanding of all parts of Medicare and Medicaid
- Ensures daily accomplishments work towards company goals for cash collections and A/R over 90 days
- Understands and adheres to state and federal regulations, and to company policies regarding to compliance, integrity, patient privacy and ethical billing and collection practices
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA and PHI guidelines
- Reviews insurance remittance advices for accuracy.
- Identifies billing errors, short payments, over payments, unpaid claims, and resolves accordingly communicating any needed system changes
- Reviews residual account balances after payments are applied and generates necessary adjustments (within eligible guidelines), overpayment notification, refund request, and/or secondary billing as needed
In this position your knowledge and skill will require you to have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in medical collections with a working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
- Working knowledge of automated billing systems
- Working knowledge and application of metric measurements, basic accounting practices, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding
Please apply with your CV to: