Patient Access Specialist
The purpose of this position is to help patients get access to the medications and therapies that they need. This role works directly with healthcare providers & insurance plans/payers to gather information about a patient’s insurance and the coverage provided for a specific pharmaceutical product.
The Patient Access Specialist will support the healthcare providers addressing questions regarding coding and billing and navigating complex reimbursement issues.
This position also provides support for Prior Authorizations (PA) for an assigned caseload and helps navigate the appeals process to access medications.
• Ensure cases move through the process as required in compliance with company requirements and the organization's defined standards and procedures; in a manner that provides the best level of service and quality
• Conduct benefit investigations for patients by making outbound phone call to payers to verify patient insurance benefit information, navigate complex reimbursement barriers and seek resources to overcome the barriers
• Verify patient specific benefits and document specifics including coverage, cost share and access/provider options
• Identify any coverage restrictions and details on how to expedite patient access • Document and initiate prior authorization process and claims appeals
• Report any reimbursement trends or delays in coverage to management
• In-depth understanding and experience with Buy & Bill, Major Medical & Pharmacy Benefit Coverage. • 2 to 5 years of benefit investigation involving the analysis and interpretation of insurance coverage
• 3 to 5 years of experience interacting with healthcare providers in regard to health insurance plan requirements
• Excellent verbal communication skills and grammar
• Computer literacy/competence • Salesforce system experience preferred
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: