The basic function of the Project Manager is to effectively coordinate and manage administrative efforts with the field production efforts. The Project Manager and General Superintendent will work together closely to effectively and efficiently understand job requirements, setup jobs, procure materials, schedule labor, document and track progress and close out jobs.
- Understand the contracts to ensure the Company’s responsibilities and scope of the work.
- Preparing production needs, by verifying estimates, reviewing project drawings, and specifications; prepare job setups; create and disseminate submittal books, job books, schedules, specified materials and supplies.
- Coordinates with customers, general contractors, vendors, suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure the projects are completed from start to finish in a timely and efficient manner.
- Daily communication with customers, crews, management, vendors and suppliers while maintaining good working relationships.
- Responsible for catching deviations from the specifications and plans as it relates to scope, contract and schedule.
- Financial responsibilities include providing/reviewing budget information, monitoring expenditures, identifying variances between estimated budget and revenue, and implementing corrective actions.
- Resolve problems on projects as they arise and identify process improvements.
- Manage project closeouts and ensure warranty documents are requested and received.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential)
- Excellent writing and oral communication and be able to accurately convey thoughts and ideas in one-to-one situation or a group setting.
- Other critical skills include planning & organizing; problem identification/resolution, multi-tasking, follow-through skills to bring tasks to closure in a timely manner, priority setting, and having a sense of urgency in accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, business correspondence, memos and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with all parties involved in the projects.
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years of construction industry experience with emphasis on all facets of business including but not limited to customer relations, knowledge of roofing materials, techniques and requirements
- Knowledge on various roofing systems and manufacturers – BUR, Modified Bitumen, TPO, EPDM, PVC, Metal, Coatings, Repairs, Etc.
- Ability to read blue prints and job specifications.
- Comfortable visiting actual job sites about 10+% of the time (without fear of heights).
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Understands commercial roofing practices, codes and regulations to avoid legal challenges; enforces regulations and recommends new procedures as it relates to each job.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of duties with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to occasionally work evenings, weekends and overnight travel.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and scaffolding (as required at job sites).
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable)
- Previous experience using auto cad or roof cad.
- Serve as a representative of Tecta America, displaying professionalism, consideration and discretion in all interactions and assist in recruiting new talent to the organization
- Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure teamwork within project organization, as well as with the management teams, utilizing the Tecta resources needed to focus on driving value to our customers
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of people.
- Well organized and have ability to plan work, manage time and juggle priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of urgency to complete jobs on time.
- Initiative, Integrity, Adaptability, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Starting pay is commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Tecta offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, etc.
Physical surroundings: General office environment working at a desk and computer is a significant portion of each day. Job site visits for pre-con meetings, progress meetings, walk through, etc. Construction sites have various elevations and sometimes rough surfaces; exposure to noise.
Physical Effort: Work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time. Job site visits include use of ladders, scaffolding or stair climbing.
Domestic Travel: Some domestic travel is required
Extensive Hours: Subject to some overtime hours
Please apply with your CV to: