Ajilon Healthcare is actively seeking a Referral Coordinator with 2 or more years’ experience for a full-time job with a health clinic in Rancho Cordova, CA. This is a great contract-to-hire role that offers the opportunity to work with a results-oriented and dedicated team.
In this role, the Referral Coordinator must collect a variety of information with a keen eye for detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment while maintaining patient confidentiality. Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to use various complex tools to register and schedule patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive referrals, verify for completeness, and communicate with referral sources to obtain additional information as needed.
- Process and track referrals and diagnostic orders.
- Keep accurate patient records and verify insurance requirements.
- Ensure complete and accurate registration, including patient demographic and current insurance information.
- Provide appropriate clinical information to specialist.
- Schedule patients for initial specialty referral appointments.
- Review details and expectations about the referral with patients.
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the Health Care System, financial or social barriers.
- Assume role of patient advocate with the carrier to ensure approval of the necessary supplies/services for the patient in a timely manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Computer literacy, including Word and Excel.
- Team player.
- Solid understanding of health insurance concepts and requirements, including HMO, PPO, Medicare, MediCal, and other federal and state agency programs.
- Knowledge of medical and billing terminology (ICD-9/10 and CPT codes).
- Database software and EHR experience, NextGen preferred.
- Strong customer service experience including active listening, problem solving, and the ability to remain calm in emotional or stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain detailed records.
- Able to work flex schedule when needed.
Experience: Minimum2 years of related experience
Employment Type: Full-time, contract-to-hire
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, respond to this ad with your resume or email it to me directly at email@example.com
Please apply with your CV to: