We have been extended the opportunity to source for a Senior Procurement Specialist for a client in the government sector. This is a Contract to Permanent opportunity (after 90 days). The ideal individual, through subject matter expertise of the procurement process, will be responsible for the development, negotiation, and administration of contracts for various projects. Experience should include procuring a variety and volume of items for a governmental agency either on a local, state, or federal level.
- Develop and define specifications for the different procurement methodologies: qualified bid, best value, professional service, construction, request for proposal and request for qualifications
- Researches vendors and cooperative purchasing groups and evaluates their ability and availability to provide quality materials, equipment and services. Arranges for and administers tests of materials and equipment to ensure they meet specifications and standards.
- Negotiate contract or agreement renewals, amendments, and plan changes
- Utilize procurement application software and programs to support the strategic sourcing process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Industrial Management AND 3 years of purchasing or procurement experience in government sector.
- Knowledge of purchasing manuals and forms, contractual processes, and budget and funding structure.
- Ability to prioritize work and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- NIGP Certification a plus
If you are interested in this role or interested in other opportunities in the Supply Chain & Logistics field, please send me a copy of your resume at Poonam.email@example.com for consideration. Thank you!
Please apply with your CV to: