Supply Chain Coordinator
Our client, located in Novi, Michigan, has an Immediate Temp to Hire Opening for a Supply Chain Coordinator Job. The company has doubled in size in the last year and is in the logistics industry.
Pay rate: $16 - $18
Scope of the position:
Monitor the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement of goods and materials both domestically and internationally.
- Manage all areas of transportation to include safety, transportation, FDA and customs regulations and compliances, distribution and customer service.
- Following Shipping & Receiving procedures.
- Maintain and reconcile inventory with 3PL.
- Coordinate company shipping and receiving procedures to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Builds an efficient and cost-effective carrier network using selection and negotiation expertise.
- Oversees contract negotiations for inland freight.
- Develops strong relationships with vendors and customers to drive continuous improvement in supply chain costs while maintaining high level of customer satisfaction in products delivery.
- Partners with Sales, Brokers, and Customers to meet account-specific service requirements and foster the development of mutually beneficial supply chain initiatives.
- Examines and reconciles various documents including invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements for proper billing and payment related issues.
- Reconciles container drop shipments inventory and monitors inventory on water during month end.
- Generates vendor PO based on customer PO for drop shipment orders, monitors PO status and keeps customers and customer services informed on timely arrival/delivery of the shipments.
- Communicates with origin and destination locations regarding shipment discrepancies, shipment status and special handling and delivery processes.
- Computes price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported/imported to/from foreign destinations.
- Supports the Operations department in general day-to-day activities.
- Receive container inventory in Pomona location when 3PL completes unloading.
- Transfer inventory between different warehouse locations. • Record and adjust carrier/internal/return damages product.
- Follow company’s Quality Management Policy.
- Update and adjust inventory according to inventory changes including destroy, repack, and RGA.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, operation management, logistics or other related field required.
- Over 3 years relevant work experience, experience with international trading company preferred.
- Import/Export Knowledge
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills, Reporting Skills, Written Communication, General Math Skills, Self Development, Data Entry Skills, Microsoft Office Skills
- Attention to Details, Meeting Deadlines, Organizing and Prioritizing Tasks
Apply today if you are interested in this or other opportunities available www.ajilon.com!
Please apply with your CV to: