Collection of Information
- Purpose. Users can access certain features of the Adecco Sites without disclosing Information. Users may be required to register for an account in order to access certain content/portions of the Adecco Sites.
- Information Sought During Registration. The Adecco Sites may ask you to enter, or may collect in other ways, Information including without limitation your name, phone number, e-mail address, geographic location, age or age range, other demographic (personal) information/data, and browser history (Internet sites visited).
- Storage and Transfer of Personally Identifiable Information. Adecco may store and process Information in the United States of America or any other country in which Adecco or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents—domestic or foreign—maintain facilities. By using the Adecco Sites, you consent to any such transfer of Information outside of the country where you reside, where you are a citizen, and/or where you access the Adecco Site(s).
Use and Sharing of Information
- Adecco sometimes engages other persons/companies to provide services on Adecco’s behalf, such as sending newsletters, providing customer service, and performing statistical analysis of Adecco’s services. Adecco will generally provide those entities only such Information as is needed to provide Adecco with such services, and Adecco will generally prohibit such entities from using such Information for other purposes, but in certain instances may do so if commercially reasonable.
- Adecco also reserves the right to disclose Information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the requirements of law, the orders of a courts or agencies, and/or other legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of Adecco or others; and/or (c) protect the personal safety of users any of the Adecco Sites or other persons.
- The Adecco Sites sometimes provide hyper-links to third party sites. Adecco encourages you to review the privacy statements of web sites you choose to visit via hyper-links on the Adecco Sites so that you can understand how those web sites collect, use and share Information. Adecco is not responsible for the content, privacy policies, acts or omissions of third-party web sites and their owners/administrators.
- The Adecco Sites sometimes provide links to send e-mail messages to Adecco Site administrators for your convenience, in which case your e-mail address may be used to reply to your inquiry or for other business purposes. For example, Adecco may track the pages on the Adecco Sites that you visit in part to determine which areas of the site are the most popular or of interest to you. This Information may be used to deliver customized content and advertising when behavior indicates an interested in a particular subject area, or for other commercially reasonable business purposes.
Information from Other Sources
Adecco sometimes supplements the Information it receives with Information from other sources. Such outside Information includes such things as: (a) updated delivery and address information, including from carriers or other third parties, which Information enables Adecco to correct its records and deliver services or purchases, or future communication, more easily; (b) account Information; (c) purchase or redemption Information; (d) page-view Information, including from some merchants with whom Adecco operates co-branded businesses or for which Adecco provides technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; (e) search term and search result Information from searches that may have been conducted through Internet search engines/features; (f) search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and (g) credit history Information from credit bureaus, which we may use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services or other commercially reasonable business purposes.
The Adecco Sites may require you to use a password selected by you. Passwords shall not be shared and must be kept confidential. You are responsible for all activities that occur through the use of your password, including unauthorized use, and for promptly notifying Adecco of any unauthorized use and any other breach of security with respect to the Adecco Sites. Adecco, in its sole and absolute discretion, may at any time terminate or otherwise restrict access to and use of the Adecco Sites, including without limitation if Adecco should suspect unauthorized use of a password or any other breach of security. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out of the website before leaving it to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer.
- Cookies are used for convenience and to save you time when you again visit the Adecco Sites. The purpose of cookies is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page, so that, for example, when you visit the page again your experience can be personalized. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but give you the ability to change settings to decline cookies. Accepting cookies may permit you to be logged on the site automatically, and if you decline cookies, you may not be able to sign on automatically or experience the interactive features of the site or other sites you visit, and you may experience technical problems receiving current information from such sites if cookies are disabled.
- Adecco currently uses AdWords remarketing to market our sites across the web. Adecco places a cookie on your computer via the browser and third party software accesses these cookies and may serve an ad to you through your browser for a third party site. You may opt out of this ad service on Google’s opt out page.
Use of Web Beacons
Adecco’s website pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons, also referred to as single-pixel gifs, that permit Adecco to count the number of users who have visited those pages and allow collection of other website statistics, such as the popularity of certain content, verification of system and server integrity, etc. Web beacons are not intended to give Adecco access to your personal Information, but instead to compile aggregated statistical data concerning the use of the Adecco Sites. Web beacons collect limited types of information which may include a cookie number, the time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
Any personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data that you disclose through any blogs that may be hosted on the Adecco Sites may be collected and used by others. You should assume that any personal information you provide at any blogs on the Adecco Sites will become public.
If you are under 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian access and use the Adecco Sites for you. If you want to purchase any goods or services that may be offered at an Adecco Site, such purchase(s) must be made by your parent or legal guardian on your behalf.
Limitation of Liability and Limited Guarantee
The Adecco Sites may contain errors or problems and are provided “as is.” Adecco disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, in connection with the Adecco Sites, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. If an Adecco Site fails to perform in accordance with the representations made by Adecco through its corporate offices, Adecco will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the failure. It is expressly agreed that your exclusive remedy, and Adecco’s aggregate liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, in connection with the Adecco Sites shall not exceed one hundred dollars ($100.00). Adecco shall in no event be responsible for any incidental, consequential or punitive damages in connection with the Adecco Sites (including, but not limited to, lost profits, business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss) regardless of whether such liability is based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of warranties, failure of essential purpose, or otherwise, and even if Adecco has been advised of the possibility of such damages.